Thursday, March 3, 2011

The blur of the holidays

December was NOT a good month to the Martushev family. It started out wonderful. Grandpa was coming to visit, I had a TON of things planned for us to do, Uncle Russ was coming from Hawaii to spend Christmas with us and we were going to have us some fun!

Well it did not exactly turn out that way....Read the post entitled "Cause in five years Ill laugh about it" and you will BEGIN to see why.

It WAS great to have my Dad here, and it WAS great to have Russ here as well, but my visions of Christmas morning were halted with Ella and her ear and then Christmas Eve, I started getting sick. Ithought it was nothing, but by the next morning, I could barely get myself out of bed. I did, and ended up on the floor watching the girls open things. Later on (see below) I actually did drag myself to the couch, and there I remained for hours. These are what is left of my Christmas Day nighmare that put me in bed for 2 days straight-missing all the fun. So today, I am grateful to the Red Flame for taking the precious pics of Christmas morning that he did.
Below you will see what happens when you dare lay on the ground at our house. Your two neices will make a princess out of you! (Uncle Russ wearing one of thier princess crowns- such a good sport!)What made me laugh about this one, was that Santa acutally brought the bike for Sofia and the Barbie car for Ella....They seemed to have a different idea.
The prized play kitchen. Definitely a high-lite of our Christmas morning!
Two cute girls (if I do say so myself- rocking thier Christmas pajamas)
Once they found thier princess outfits, off came the pj's and on came the princess dresses. Yep. That's me after I made my way to the couch. Thank goodness Ella is hiding my face!
I felt soo bad! I wanted to be much more involved with the kids but this is how I spent Christmas morning. On the floor with my pillow!
I only wish I could see Ella's face as she opened this- priceless!!! At least Uncle Russ seemed to catch it!
The two princesses at work in thier kitchen. LOVE IT!

2 comments:

K said...

I guess this means next Christmas has to be a lot better for you. It does look like a fabulous day for your beautiful girls though!

Pederson Seven said...

Cute! I love the kitchen!! I have some dang cute nieces:)
krystal