Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Everyone else is doing it...

I have been extremely astounded at what the World Wide Web has done in the last few years. It seems as though people have become "instant celebrities" with blogs being followed, Etsy shops being created and talents people possess that are able to reach the masses.

I have had a desire (for the last several years now) to start something that I could use my interests and talent (however small they may be!) in doing something that I found to be a most precious gift when my Mom passed away. And 2010, with all the possibilities it holds...is my year.

I am still trying to sort it all out, and ask if anyone knows anything about starting from scratch to do something you love, let me know. I need the help. Where do you begin? Desire? Check. Product? check. Is it useable? check. Will it make me feel that I am contributing something? Check. Check.

Now where do I go from here?

6 comments:

uniquelynat said...

i'm intrigued! i just have to know what you are doing. can't wait to find out!!!

big_smartmouth said...

i'm stumped! spill it!

Alison B said...

tell us! then we can help you. I think i've started maybe 10 different businesses to make money...so I know a little. I get bored, so anyways, let me know and maybe I can help. Plus, I'm soooo curious!!!
:)

Charity said...

You girls are great! To make a long story short, it stared with my Brother asking for memories of our mom at her funeral. It took me a few years, but I got a memory book together for her and My Dad said I should start a business with it. I LOVE memories, history, books and it all just "fits" I wanted my girls to know my mom, so I thought others would want the same. They will be called "Memory Catchers" What ya think?

Pederson Seven said...

Sounds like a beautiful idea...talk to Dave. He's researched a bunch and put a few ideas to work. Keep us posted!
Krystal

Paxton said...

Hey, thanks for the comment! I love hearing from new people, and I have heard so much about you and your girls from Sarah too :-)
Good luck with the Memory Catchers! It sounds like a really great idea, what would someone have to do to get one? Mail you pictures and stories? If they gathered everything, you put it together? Or do you also do some of the gathering too? That is the only part I wonder about, other than that there are so many people who would love to have a book of memories of their loved ones that have passed. Let me know how it goes!