Monday, June 2, 2008

THE CURE


Ok. for those of you who know me and the obsession I had with "The Cure" will appreciate the fact that I got to go to thier concert. Yes, my sister-in-law and myself strutted our pregnant selves in (yep both of us are pregnant!) to see them and even though we left early...(were too tired these days!) it was so nice to hear the songs I wanted to hear and I was more than happy to leave once my fav's had been heard- all from the "Disenigration" sp? Album by the way.


I was impressed by Smith's voice- it really did not sound any different than back in the day when I was a senior in High School, dating John Pickett and having him play "Lullybye" over the phone before we hung up for the night as my Mom was telling me it was too late in the background. GOOD TIMES! There was not much of a "show" but we were able to sit most of the time anyway and I loved it.


Here is to Molalla Union High, the guys that were dated and made life interesting from Canby Union High School and the Cure. Long live the 90's!!

2 comments:

Brittney said...

Nice-I love The Cure! I always think of you when I hear "Lullaby", after you told me the stories behind it...is that creepy?:)

o charm said...

oh. . . so lucky!!!