Friday, January 11, 2013

Yep...I'm THAT mom.

So our little Maka goes back and forth about whether she would like to have "school lunch" or "home lunch" while she is gone during the day at kindergarten. It usually depends on what the lunch menu looks like and its fun to see her either smile...or scrunch up her nose-especially when it says "fish and chips" THATS MY GIRL!!
So every evening we have our ritual of looking the menu, deciding which lunch she wants and then going on with getting things ready for the AM. If she wants school lunch, I put the money in the same dora snack bag, in the same place (on top of her backpack) and then I head out the door to work.
Recently said Dora snack bag has been coming home with said backpack and I began to wonder. Sofia just said lunch was "free" that day. WELL. You know where Im going with that one....
"There is no such thing as a free lunch..." Come on. How could I resist THAT?!
So when this happened a few times, I was beginning to get very suspicious, but did'nt bother going the extra mile and really finding out what was going on.
Until I got THE CALL. The lunch lady called me!! She said that Sofia owed $5.85 for unpaid lunches.  When I explained that I sent money with her daily, the allotted $1.85 she said 2 things:
1) the "allotted" amount was actually $1.75- so I had been overpaying
2) She needed to take the money to the office prior to lunch since they do not take the money there...Hmmm. Good to know.
I was completely embarassed...for about 2 seconds. Then we both started laughing. Sigh. Yep. I am THAT mom. The one that the school lunch lady has to track down to make you pay your food debt. Hehe. Just goes to show...

There really IS no such thing as a free lunch. (eh? wink, wink, nudge)

No comments: