Sunday, January 22, 2012

Journal Jar entry

Q: What would you like most to be remembered for?

A: This is a hard one...I first thought about what others may remember me most for and it boombarded my all too feeble mind with many thoughts. Then I thought about what I remember most about a person who I love and miss each and every day. What I remember about her is how Christlike she was. It was not how cute and petite she was, it was not her age defying beauty (although she possessed that and I only wish it was a gene that was given to me). It was in the manner in which she treated every single living thing that came into contact with her. With the utmost respect and honor of meeting them, like it was a gift that she was able to meet them, when I always saw it as the other way around. She made each and every person feel as though they mattered.

She was in a word, kind. It is such a simple word, that carries a whoolup of expectations and the older I get, I realize just how important that one word is to people.

I am no where near being the person I most want to be remembered for, but I would like to think that if anyone I have had any significant contact with would remember me as someone who made them feel as though they mattered. It doesnt take a lot to make a person feel like they matter, and that is what I hope people remember about me. That in one point of our time together, that they felt like they mattered to me. Because whether they know it or not, they do.

2 comments:

hope2adoptbaby said...

What a great thing to work towards!

Jacki said...

Aww, Char. You are amazing! You have this amazing inviting quality. You have the ability to make anyone feel comfortable. I'm so thankful to know and love you. And you have already had a profound impact on my life.