Saturday, January 14, 2012

Journal Jar entry

Q: What advice would you give to those younger than you?

A: I was in Young Womens for quite a number of years (at least for me it was the longest calling I have had yet) and I remember always telling them to decide who they wanted to be now, and to just BE that person. If you want to be a mother, then be a mother, if you want to be a Lawyer, a nurse, a hippie, whatever it is, then do it.

Paths may change, the scenery may change, but if you know what or who you want to be then you will get there. If you keep your goal in mind. There are some things that I have not done (yet) and would still like to do, and I would love to have shook the younger me and told her to listen to the now older me and just do it! If that made any sense whatsoever.

I can only keep on doing what I know is right now- you can't look back. I love the quote from President Monson "The past is behind you, learn from it, the future is ahead of you, prepare for it, the present is here, live it. " (this is probley not word for word, but you get the drift!)

So advice? I may not be the best person to take it from, but I will always be honest with you and point you in the right direction...after all. I have a Garmin to get me around the city I have lived in for 12 years....

No comments: