Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Journal Jar entry numero uno!

Yes. I am finally posting. Dad- so you know, my best friend Jacki got me a "Journal Jar" for Christmas with a billion questions contained in it for blog entry ideas. Some may be edited for the faint of heart (or if I need to cover up anything from my wayward youth!) but most will be just some more info. that some may or may not know about me.

Q:-Were you ever involved in speech, drama, sports, or glee club?

A: Girl, I WAS Drama. LOL. Ok in all seriousness, yes I was involved in Drama. My acting debut was in 6th grade..I think. When I starred in our musical "Luane" like the comic. I remember having fun with it and having the "hearthrob" of the school in the play, playing the love interest. But since this was 6th grade and we were all pretty awkward- I think I played the part as an awkward pre-teen perfectly...without much acting on my part. I remember my parents coming to see me and how nervous I was to have my Dad there.

In Highschool I played Sandy in "Grease" which was SO FUN!!! I only got to do 2(?) of the shows but it was a blast. The guy who played Danny Zuko was a guy a few years younger than me in school and the car scene when were supposed to be kissing, we just rubbed noses. Hehe. Cracking up the entire time. That was a fun musical to do.
I played some spin-off part in "The Wizard of Oz" which I am still a little bitter about since I wanted the part of the Lion cause he has such a cool song. Turns out the kid who got it was completely tone deaf and had to TALK the song, not sing it. BELOW AVERAGE.

Then I got to play Mother Superior in "The Sound of Music". Yeah...I might even be able to pull out a pic of that one. The fun thing was, I was able to be in it with my youngest brother Russ who played one of the Von Trapp kids-Kurt I believe. He was adorable! Me as Mother Superior? Not so adorable. I had make-up PLASTERED on me to look older and although all the adults said it was the best part, I had to beg to differ. It was a fun musical to do though and I don't regret it. I guess it could have been worse...I could have had to "talk" the song instead of sing it.

Although I did not do any acting in College, I was in some debate classes and LOVED them. I remember winning a debate and scoring some free hotel nights that we used in Hawaii which came in very handy when we went. I was pregnant with Sofia and burned to a crisp. I have never been so miserable. Russ made me a concoction of lidocaine and aloe and I made it through, but MAN. That was painful. The hotel? Pure luxury!

2 comments:

Jacki said...

Yay! I'm already loving this since I didn't know ANY of that stuff! ♥ you!

Pederson Seven said...

How did I not know this about you!? How fun! One of my favorite memories of high school was being in the Music Man play. I only had one line though...but I did get to dance on the table during the library song. So fun Charity!
krystal