Friday, August 12, 2011

Tantrums, tears and triumph.

Hard to believe, but the days of soccer, dance, swimming, etc. have started. Sofia played in her very first soccer game this last Wednesday. Here she is on the sidelines with Holden cheering on the other member of "The Green Dragons" (her team name)...

She had practice on Saturday and was a bit apprehensive about playing saying she was not as fast as the other kids and never got the ball...Hmm. This is where the tears came in. I love this pic as it shows how most of the team is- you have your "happy go lucky kid" (on the far left) who is just having some fun regardless, the "ball hog kid" who is the biggest on the team and doesnt quite get that it's a "TEAM" sport quite yet (2nd in from left), Holden the "hustle kid" who just wants some action and is happy to at least kick the ball and then the "I'm so frustrated I'm going to cry and need a hug every 2 seconds" kid....Sofia. She was the fave of the moms on the sidelines saying how cute she was, and ahhh. precious. I was the exception. I was the one saying "get in it Sof!! Get tough!!! You can do it!!!" And you know what? It worked.
Check out that determinded little face on her. Jacki took this one and when she showed it to me said, "See she is IN IT!" And I had to agree. Go Sofia.

The game ended in triumph! A 2-1 win for the Green Dragons first game. These are the moments I dreamed about before I became a mom hoping that someday I would have them. I am so grateful for the chance now that they are here.

1 comment:

Plaksey said...

yay!!! soccer! that makes sarah and plaksey very proud. good job, sofia!!