Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Still a Molalla Buckeroo at heart I guess

Growing up in Molalla, Oregon there are not many memories I have that do not in one way, shape or form involve cowboy boots, cows or at the heart of it-The Molalla Buckeroo. I can't say that I was a fan of the gear, animals or rodeo back then, but the older I get, I realize that it was a pretty magical time. Especially during the month of July. It was our yearly treat to go to the live showing of the Ramblin Rod show and get some free tickets to go on the carnival rides that made there way to the small town of Molalla year after year. We are not in Molalla, Oregon these days so last year, we were able to go to another Rodeo and stay with Patrice at Aunt Kris' cabin in Horse Creek. This year we went with friends who also have a family cabin in the area. We decided that on the July 24 holiday, this is going to have to become a family tradition with the Martushev's. We had a wonderful time and are so grateful for the hospitality the Flamm Family showed us- Thanks guys!!!

The little Buckeroo's- Ella, Sofia and Sofia-visiting from Russia.


The boys went out shooting- The Red Flame getting ready to hit the target- don't even ask me what kind of gun that is- I know I will be disappointing my Dad...but I have no idea...How bout any guy out there name 3 top designers of handbags? That's what I thought...



SO fun to get to chat with the ladies! Kim, Yulia (also visiting from Russia) and me.



Some background on the stampede of kids. Its thier annual bunny catching race. Sofia AND Ella were able to enter the race this time and although Sof was in TEARS since she was not one of the lucky(?) kids to grab a bunny, Ella was content enough to get the consolation prize- A licorice red rope. Maybe next year sweets...



Abby (Bryan and Kim's oldest) was nice enough to take the kids out on the 4-wheeler. Again, and again, and again. Sof was great at never forgetting the importance of the helmet.


Her chance at stearing the 4-wheeler. You rough rider you!


The kids favorite thing about the inside of the cabin- the self playing piano. OH Man. The kids were going NUTS over this thing. It was pretty fun to watch. We finally had to unplug it to stop the insanity (and kids desperately needed naps!).

No comments: