Monday, December 8, 2008

AM/FM...Mama esho

THE BACKGROUND:
So heres the thing...
A few months ago, my dear husband tried to jump start our car after the battery died. Well, I asked him if he knew how to do it and he assured me that he did. Well when he came in to tell me that it was not the battery, I asked how he knew that. Well I tried to jump it and nothing happened...so I switched the cables and STILL nothing happened... If any of you know anything more than I do (which is the BARE MINIMUM) about cars you would know there is only one way to put on the +/- cables and Artyom tried both ways! Needless to say he completely fried my radio/CD player and we have not taken it in to replace it as of yet.

THE STORY:
I am missing my radio immensely due to the fact that it is the first one I have had in a car with an actual CD player and one that plays more than one station. Especially as the Christmas season is here, I miss hearing all the songs. So I decided to make my own music and have started to sing in the car when the girls are with me (ok. let's be honest- I sing even when they are NOT with me in the car). So I was singing "Angels we have heard on high" and it was awfully quite in the back seat. I finished the grand "Gloo-ooo-oriah" sighed and felt satisfied with hearing a Christmas Carol, albeit minus a radio when from the back seat I heard the sweetest voice say, "Esho Mama." (Again Mama) and that has made all the difference. All I want for Christmas? To hear my sweet say that to me esho, and esho, and esho....



4 comments:

Brittney said...

That is so precious, you almost melted my "Scrooge bah humbug attitude about Christmas music" heart!

Charity said...

Oh you better belive that I was bawling like a baby needing a diaper change at that one! Good times. Good times.

Melissa said...

That is so sweet! I love it!

big_smartmouth said...

oh, i loved that story! tell is esho, chair! tell it esho!