Sunday, March 16, 2008

Ode to the Orange Rolls....

Sofia and I have been trying to start a tradition and have a fun breakfast every Saturday morning. Due to our church block being moved to 1pm (the worst in my book!) we have switched it many a time to Sunday. Much thanks to Grandpa for supplying the delicious blueberries he gave us at Christmas, we have made several batches of blueberry pancakes and were a bit sad when the last of the berries were used. Looking to shake things up a bit, I happened upon a sale at our Smith's grocery store and found orange rolls on sale for a $1 a tube.
I just made them again this weekend and had to write a small note about the first time we had orange rolls. Sofia and I had one to try them out and decided we really liked them. Especially for a mere $1. We let Artyom know they were ready and to come and try one as well. What seemed like a mere few minutes later this is what we found....













Needless to say I was a bit upset about losing the entire plate to a hungry husband. I thought he would eat a few, not the entire plate. I was quite susprised at my bittneress and must have shown it to Artyom because upon talking to his sister a few minutes after the "wulfing down of the rolls incident" he told her what had happened and my reaction to the whole thing. I remembered then that I really do have to take as much as I think I will eat when it comes to food with Artyom. Otherwise there will be nothing left when I decide if I want seconds or not. Even after I take my fill, if I decide my eyes were bigger than my stomach, he is always there to take it off my plate for me stating that his mom would never let things go to waste.

I must say that I was justified in my feelings about not getting the much wanted 2nd roll as a day later his mom called and gave Artyom a talking to. Appartantly his sister was also on my side and called Artyom's mom to let her know what attrocity her brother had done to his wife and his mom took haste action aganist him....

Let's just say in regards to today's plate of rolls-Artyom asked a few times if I was done before finishing them off.

No comments: