Monday, March 10, 2008


My sister in law tagged me about questions about my husband. I found out some things about my brother that I did not even know about. So here goes my shot-


What is his name? Artyom Aleksandrovich Martushev


How long have you been married? Little over 2 years (in December)


How long did you date? Hmm. That is a good question. I have known him for 10 years. We technically only dated about 3 weeks total with one on one face time. We "dated" for about 2 years.


How old is he? Just turned the big 3-0


Who eats more sweets? Him definitely. He is an ice cream fanatic and goes through peanut M&M's like crazy.


Who is taller? He is by about 3-4 inches. Just tall enough to still be able to wear heels and have him looking down at me.


Who can sing better? Artyom has a really good voice. We like to harmonize in church. I would say it is a toss up.


Who is smarter? He is- he married me.


Who does the laundry? I do. I had to show him how to use the washing machine when he first came over. There is an exception to this rule though. I refuse to wash his work clothes...and his unrolled socks. Gross.


Who pays the bills? I do. He has no interest in doing so.


Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do. Its closet to the door and when Sofia gets up, I am the lighter sleeper and go after her.


Who mows the lawn? We are apartment dwellers at the moment. No lawn as of yet.


Who cooks dinner? I do- except for Borscht. He makes it much better than I do and he is very particular in how it's made.


Who drives? That is a toss up. If were late- I do. If it is somewhere he wants to go- he does. It goes back and forth. I was just so used to driving us both around for so long after he got here, I don'd mind most of the time.


Who is more stubborn? Wow. I mean were talking a thick headed Russian vs. a Pederson female. I think it depends on the topic.


Who asked who out first? Well Artyom's version of "asking me out" was to ask me to come and visit in Russia. However, I was the first to call after he got home from his mission. So me?


Who has more siblings? I do. Artyom has one sister, I have 5 brothers.


Who wears the pants? Again, were both very stubborn people. But were learning each others "quirks" and try to compromise on most things.


Who saves, who spends? I spend- not on all frivolous stuff either. I just control the checkbook. He doesnt. Not to say that he saves, he just does not spend.


What is one of his quirks? Just one?! (just kidding!) His single response to the question of "How are you doing" is the same each and every time..."I'm still alive..." He thinks it is the most hilarious thing ever. It drives me crazy. Really. Try it out sometime. I guess with the accent it may sound better, but try hearing it 10 times a day.....yeah.

3 comments:

K said...

Is that Artyom's answer in Russian too? That's funny that he thinks it's so funny.

Is Sofia going to be bilingual?

Charity said...

well we certainly hope so! Were working at it...She does understand us in Russian, but she really does not say much in either language yet...well see!

Charity said...
This comment has been removed by the author.