Monday, March 10, 2014

The Russian's birthday weekend #36!

Artyom turned 36 this weekend and since he has always been SO good with birthdays, I really wanted to do some cute things for him. He is also getting ready to go to Russia for over 2 weeks, so the girls and I really wanted it to be extra special this year.  It all turned out so great and I think he had a really good birthday.
On Friday, his buddies at work met him for lunch at one of his all time favorite places- China Town Buffet and I got to meet them. It was so fun to finally put some faces to the names of the group of guys he works with. Good group!
Then Saturday morning, the day of his actual birthday, the girls woke up early and decorated the mirror with sticky notes which contained 36 reason of why they love their papa so much. Some were HILARIOUS! A few of my favorites were ; you take me to China Buffet, you wrestle with me, you build forts with me...I kept them to put in the girl's box. What a treasure!
Then we served him breakfast in bed (Thank you McDonalds!) and let him sleep in just a bit longer than usual...which was not much since the girl's would not let him stay in bed. :)
A few weeks before, I had sent out self addressed, stamped envelopes to all his friends and asked them to help out with a bday suprise. Each envelope had balloon(s) inside, and they blew them up, wrote on them (without tying it) then deflated and sent back to us. I had written on each envelope "do not open till March 8" so for the last few weeks, Artyom has been getting these envelopes and asking me about them. I told him he would just need to wait. It was so fun to watch him blow up each balloon and read each message from friends and family. I highly recommend doing it for someone who needs a new creative bday idea!
Friday night was low key, as Artyom was on emergency call all weekend and we had a get together planned for the Sunday night with the Russians.
So Sunday night, I decorated, and cooked, and baked and we had some of our friends over for a get together. Then we played games. SO FUN! I hope he enjoyed it as much as I did. After all. you only turn 36 once!





 





 

1 comment:

Pederson Seven said...

That is so fun! and so creative! love it! Happy birthday Artyom:)
krystal