Friday, March 9, 2012

Journal jar post!!

Q: Were you responsible for household chores? What were they? Which did you enjoy the most/least?

A: First off, is this a trick question- and yes, in it's entirety...If there is a kid out there that is NOT responsible for any said household chore, I think his/her parents are doing them a huge injustice!!! And does any of said children really ever "enjoy" doing household chores? Those that actually require some cleaning and not such things as my girls "helping" me do the dishes....

That being said, I grew up in a family of all boys, which put me in the kitchen when cleaning most of the time. I really do remember most of my chores being in the kitchen. This did mean that my brothers would get the privledge of mowing the lawn every week (or so it seemed) and we did not have a small yard for the most part. I DO remember and sometimes even enjoyed putting up my tape player on top of the microwave and listening to Eurasure, Depeche Mode, and other 80's bands, really which ever ones my 2 older brothers said were cool. Which meant there were quite a few Van Halen diddies mixed in.
Being on KP duty also meant doing the dishes alot of the time. To this day, I really do not mind doing SOME dishes, but so help me, if I have the choice of washing the silverware or a toilet, I would pick the toilet!!! No idea why. I just hate having to take each individual spoon, knife or fork and washing it. Its an endless job and I am one for immediate gratification. If I have something to do, like a job. Get in, get er done, and get on your way for crying out loud!

There you have it...and no, before the questions start a comin, I will be washing my own silverware thank you. I will no be trading you jobs of you cleaning my silverware and I cleaning your toilet...thanks anyway. You can go ahead and flush that question right down the (your) toilet. HA!

1 comment:

Jacki said...

What!? You aren't going to come wash my toilet? You totally suck.