Thursday, November 11, 2010

If Only...

That has been the question on my mind pretty heavily as of late. If only is a pretty bold way to start off a thought, and it can get you into trouble if you let it! Case in point: Life has happened once again and as my Dad has said to me more than once in my life "It could always be worse." Yeah, Im in a "the glass is half empty" kind of mood today. He is right. I have been looking at all the "if onlys"
-if only Artyom would find a job that were supposed to get
-if only I could leave that 2nd job behind once and for all
-if only we could expand our family NOW instead of later
Then I was once again reminded...instead of if only, why can't I think "only if".
-only if we do what were supposed to do will we see the blessings.
-only, if I were to have left that 2nd job behind when I wanted to, we would not have the tiny extra we DO have to keep us going right now.
-only, if we would have expanded our familiy when I wanted to, we would be in a much different place right now.
I just dont know how y'all do it. I love reading the many blogs that friends of mine have and it seems as the woman of the house does alot of it. I know these women. They have kids, they have daily duties, they have errands to run, mouths to feed, children to teach, houses to clean, how do you do it?! I am in humble awe over you. And thought that holiday or not, you deserved a shout out.
I know alot of people are posting the things they are grateful for this month, and I did last year. I think I need to do it again. I may wait till December...one reason being that I feel like enough of a slacker as it is! hehe. And the 2nd reason being, I want to start the month off fresh!

So stay tuned. I'm still around, just a bit overwhelmed at the moment!

3 comments:

K said...

I'm thinking of you today Charity! I've been in the same kind of "if only" mood lately. I do have faith that things always work out at some point. Keep your chin up! I KNOW you can get through this! Lots of love!

hope2adoptbaby said...

I hear ya! We've had some of that at our house too...HUGS to you!

tonya said...

Charity
We have been praying for your family. I know it seems like such a long road right now. I am sorry you are feeling overwhelmed. You are such a good mommy just always remember that when you feel like others things are just stinky and out of your control. At least you know you are a great, loving mom.