Thursday, July 26, 2012

EAR we go again...

Some may recall during our first bi-annual Pederson Cousin Reunion in Park City, UT where Ella, then about 2? Decided that it would be fun to put a pine needle in her ear. Well that time, I was able to get it out with Patrice's tweezers and we went on with our lives. Then not even 6 months later, the now 2 1/2 year old put Captain Crunch in her ear 2 days before Christmas (needless to say that Christmas was NOT one that either of us enjoyed very much). This one did not go as smoothly and cost us 7 hours in the ER (which did nothing) and then after Christmas came a visit to our hero, Dr. Katz an ENT who we loved. I decided at that point to put him on my speed dial and I am grateful that I did.

There are times when a Mom just gets that 6th sense of intuition to do or not do something. This was the feeling I got, when picking up the girls, I decided to check Ella's ear. I'm not even sure why. There was nothing there that I could see, so I ALMOST just went about getting them in the car. Almost. That feeling came to me again and I pulled out her ear so I could see all the way down her ear canal. And there it was. At first I thought it was just some wax buildup...Yeah. If only I could BE so lucky. There, deep in her ear, was a bright yellow HAIR ELASTIC! Seriously?! Ella will often put her hair inside her ear- its just her thinb. But MAN. Please tell me she will outgrow this eventually like Sofia's passing out when she cries? (another story for the books...) It was not bugging her at all, so I speed dialed the ENT and will be making an appt. first thing this morning.

I'm hoping when we leave Dr. Katz's office, this smile will be minus a hair elastic in her ear. So here she is. Ella and the culprit-one of which will soon be evicted from the home it has made in her ear canal. Ahh Ella my love, you keep me on my toes.

1 comment:

hope2adoptbaby said...

The question I want answered is HOW do they even THINK about doing the stuff they do??? Good luck at the appointment! :)