Friday, January 16, 2009

Here to Stay....


For those of you who know what the Martushev's have gone through in the greencard process- you will know how much the next sentence means...

Artyom is now a permanent resident of the United States of America!!!

We got the 10 year greencard in the mail yesterday and Artyom danced a jig in the middle of the kitchen (much to Sofia's delight). I must say I was pretty happy myself. If you are one of the growing # of people who has married someone from another country and are going through this process- DONT GIVE UP! It will happen if you follow the rules and do things the right (and legal) way. It might cost a pretty penny (ok...it's ALOT more than a penny). But when you get the 10 year greencard, it makes it worth it.

Congrats my Russian Red Flame. We sure did not know what we were getting into when we began this journey- but I for one am glad we have stuck it out.
We I love you.

Now on to citizenship!

7 comments:

K said...

Congrats! That is very happy news!

hope2adoptbaby said...

Hi Charity,
Found your blog through Dave and Krystal's....your girls are super cute! Congrats. on your husband's green card. I'm sure its been an adventure. I'd love to hear from you! Our blog is:
http://hope2adoptbaby.blogspot.com or you can email me at krrobb@juno.com.
Love, Shelby (Sheffield) Robb

big_smartmouth said...

isn't it a great feeling?! 10 years of not worrying about paperwork, waiting and "where are we going to come up with the money for this form?!"!!! we, too, are breathing a sigh of relief!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Alexie said...

congradualtions! We know too many people that are struggling with this right now- lots of tears and frustration. We're so happy for you!!!

Jennie said...

YEAH!!!!!! SO SO happy for you guys!

o charm said...

hooray!!! i'm so happy for you!
i'm still working on the "russian version" of the "getting a green card" process, and maybe my memory fails me, but it seems much worse than what alex went through to get his US green card. we just want to hold our families together, people!!!

Charity said...

Exactly! I feel your pain as I cannot imagine how much harder it would be dealing with Russian red tape. It will happen. You have the patience, understanding and the will power to do it. Your blog is great. Love to you and your family.