Saturday, July 5, 2008

Our Fourth with a Flare...Russian Style.




Well leave it to the Martushev's to not be able to spend a holiday without making it into a Russian one. I was hoping to have a newborn in my arms about this time, but here I am still blogging away on my actual due date. One good thing is we were able to see the parade with Sofia and then since everyone we knew thought I would still be in the hospital, we had a get together with our Russian friends and celebrated our Independence Day... Funny thing? Sofia and I were the only American's in attendance at the get toghether later on that day. So that made 1 and 1/2 of us... Here are the highlights of the morning Parade.
This was before it actually started. Once Baba (Grandma Martushev) figured out that people were actually throwing candy at us and it was free- she went NUTS! She was out in the middle of the street grabbing away at the parade loot before some of the kids were! And the worthless flyers they hand out to you? She got all offended if they did not give her one. It was hilarious to watch!


Our Yankee Doodle Darling....

No comments: